“I’d always loved learning about food, but it was thanks to my home economics teacher (and curiosity about an egg!) that I started down the road of nutrition. I completed a bachelor’s in nutrition before moving to London to study a Masters in Public Health Nutrition, followed by a PG Diploma becoming a Registered Dietitian in 2012. I’m currently completing the IOC diploma in Sports Nutrition.
My specialist areas include weight loss, IBS and sports nutrition, but above all I’m passionate about helping people feel better by changing the way they eat. Butter over margarine. Fruit and vegetables over food in packets. I want people to get passionate about what they eat – to get enthusiastic about being in the kitchen and taking care of their bodies through food.”
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelors degree in Nutrition, health and lifestyles
- Masters degree in Public Health Nutrition
- Postgraduate Degree in Human Nutrition and Dietetics
- Trained to deliver the low FODMAP diet
- Completing the International Olympic Committee Diploma in Sports Nutrition
- HCPC Registered (Health & Care Professionals Council)
- Member of the British Dietetic Association (BDA)
- Member of Sports Dietitians UK, BDA Gastroenterology Specialist Group
- Member of the Women in Journalism group.