It’s rich in protein (which helps you stay fuller longer), plus it packs 3 servings of antioxidant rich fruit and veggies.
Prunes might not be your usual smoothie partner, but they provide a burst of natural energy, plus they’re a secret bone builder – in one study from Florida University, women eating a handful of prunes a day experienced improvements in bone density.
If you don’t have any frozen fruit you can use fresh and add a cup of ice – I love the cool creamy texture this creates, it’s almost like having guilt free ice-cream!
- 1 cup milk of your choice (can use dairy free alternatives if preferred)
- 1 scoop chocolate whey protein
- 1 cup / 100g frozen blackberries or raspberries
- 2 big handfuls spinach (around 80g / 3oz)
- 2-3 pitted prunes
- Pour your milk into a blender then add the remaining ingredients. Blend for 30 seconds until smooth. Pour into a glass and enjoy straight away.