If you’ve read my posts you’ll know I am a fan of eggs – not only do they contain loads of good stuff like choline and vitamin D, they are a handy source of protein – around 6 grams per egg. Post workout, 3 eggs will give you the recommended dose of protein to support muscle recovery.
If that wasn’t enough they’re also cheap and can be turned into wonderful things very quickly. Like these frittatas. I used courgette and Parmesan, but you
can add other veg and cheese as you choose.
Veggie friendly and suitable for the low FODMAP diet, they’re great hot or cold – in fact leftovers are brilliant for lunch on the go or as a high protein snack.
- 6 eggs
- large splash milk
- salt and pepper
- 3 spring onions finely chopped (use the green part only if following low fodmap diet)
- one courgette, grated
- 60 grams grated parmesan / cheddar
- handful chopped chives (optional)
- Pre-heat your oven to around 150c and grease a muffin tin with a little melted butter. Do not miss this part
out or getting the frittatas to pop out will be a headache and you’ll be left cursing
- In a large mixing jug, whisk together the eggs and milk and season. Tip in the chopped spring onions, grated courgette, parmesan and chives and whisk again to combine the ingredients
- Pour the mix evenly between the muffin tins and place in the oven for around 10-12 mins until puffed up and golden brown
- Rest for a minute or two after removing from the oven then pop out onto a wire rack.